Protein Shakes for Gym: Do You Need Them?

Aniyan Midhun Knockout

The question mentioned above gives very little context about the type of body that you have or if you have been to the gym or not? Let us discuss the usage of protein for people who are new to the gym and why it is equally important for the people who don’t work out at all.

Protein is for everyone

Well, you heard it right; it doesn’t matter if you work out or not? It doesn’t matter if you are a fitness enthusiast or an athlete, you need protein to survive. Protein is not just another nutritious element that you need to keep yourself healthy but it gives us something that our body cannot produce on our own. Protein is a vital part of a balanced healthy diet and is made up of chemical building chains called amino acids. Our body uses amino acids to build and repair muscles and bones to make hormones and enzymes.

How much it is required?

Everything in the fitness world is co related with your weight. Let us talk about any person who has never worked out in his/her whole life and still he/she will require a daily protein intake. An adult male requires 0.84 grams of protein for per kg of his body weight and an adult woman requires roughly 10 % less of the same proportion for the male. In simple words, if you weigh 80 kg then 0.84 multiplied by 80 would be 67.2 grams of protein. People who are working out regularly would need 1 -1.2 grams of protein, per kilogram, every day.

Protein for building muscle or recovery?

Well, protein is used for both building muscle and recovery but both of these results are not achieved by the same type of protein. Whey protein, which is acquired by cow’s milk, is used for the muscle building purposes. It contains the amino acids which help in quick release of EAA’s that further helps in enhancing the muscle building process. The other processed protein which is also acquired from cow’s milk is called Casein protein. This protein on the other hand gives a prolonged release of amino acids which helps in recoveries and injuries. Both of these proteins are obtained from cow’s milk, whereas whey protein constitutes to be 20 % and the rest 80 % is casein.

It is recommended that you should consume whey protein right after your workout because its digestion time is very less and it gets evenly distributed to enhance the muscle building process.

Casein on the other hand is taken before you go to sleep because it takes 6-7 hours to digest and forms a chain reaction to help you get enhance the muscle recovery process.

The Choice is Yours

If you are all set to go for your first pack of protein, there still are a lot of things to catch up on. For example, you will find a number of international brands with glamorous packaging and pure protein advertised on top of their packaging and that too in unbelievable prices.

This is just one part of the fake supplement scam that is doing the rounds in the Indian market so, beware of such dupers and just understand that you are paying for a product which you would be consuming for the betterment of your body. To resolute this issue You just need to find out the perfect brand which you can rely on and you are all good to go. What is better than a brand which is manufactured locally and is made from the best raw materials available on the global platform?

There are a number of brands in India and one of the brand which is making the rounds is ‘Knockout’ by Absolute Nutrition. Popularly Known as ‘India ka Imported Brand’ its new brand by the name of Knockout is giving hardcore discounts and selling Whey protein powders starting from Rs. 1319/-  

Noble Whey Protein’ with 24G Protein per serving for muscle building, strength, and endurance, 5 fruits extract for Weight Management and ‘Digezyme’ to enhance overall metabolism and ease the digestion process for faster protein absorption. ‘Knockout’ by Absolute Nutrition is trusted by the likes of Mr. World ‘Anuj Kumar Taliyan’ and Ms. Universe ‘Nehal Chudasama’. So, if you want to develop those flexes, and then start working hard, work on your will power and don’t forget to fuel up.

For more updates please follow us on social media and stay tuned for more exciting blogs and updates.